NESA Organic Chemistry Spring 2002
On this site you will find selected handouts organic chemistry taught at the New England School of Acupuncture during the Spring semester of 2002. These materials are meant mainly for the use of those enrolled in the respective courses. They are a available for general public distribution in good faith of their proper use. If you have any questions about material on this site please direct them to Tyler Heibeck.
NOTE: This portion of the site will be maintained as long as space allows on the server. Priority will be given to current courses. After material is removed is can be requested via e-mail.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader read files on this site.
Back to top page
Organic Chemistry Spring 2002
Course postings by type
Course Postings by date
- Exam 2 Copy
- Answer Key for Exam 2
- Histogrames for Exam 2
- Homework: Lecture 10: 17.31, .32, .36, .40, .48, .52 & Lecture 11: 17.56, .58, .60, .61, .77, .78 Selected answers
- Lecture notes for Carboxylic Acids
- 4/07/02 - Revised Syllabus posted
- Answer Key and Histogrames for Exam 1 posted.
- Homework: 14.27 (b,c,d,f), 14.29 (a,c,e,f), & 14.46 Selected Answers
- Lecture covered ethers and sulfur containing compounds. Notes
- Questions were fielded about the exam and specific questions were covered
- Changes to the course structure, a revised schedule, and grading changes were proposed. The changes are listed here. Before the grading changes are started we will have to have the agreement of all members of the class (it is a departure from the syllabus). Since many were absent from lecture we will wait a week to adapt the change.
- IUPAC order of functional groups for organic nomenclature
- Copy of Exam 1. Answer key will be posted when all members of the class have taken the exam.
- Syllabus - Overview of the course.
- Introduction - Review of fundamental chemical concepts and an introduction to organic structure.
- Homework - 12.17, .29, .33, .39, .43, .45, and 13.44. Select answers